Rev.io provides configurable billing, customer management, payments, analytics, provisioning, and automation software to telecommunications businesses, IoT companies, wireless and mobility providers, and managed service providers. Our modern cloud-based software delivers the industry’s most complete quote-to-cash experience, enabling our clients to grow their revenue efficiently.
Rev.io is an Atlanta-based company with employees based in more than 20 states. We are guided by our mission, vision and “ACT TOP” values:
Mission: To help clients grow revenue efficiently
Vision: To be the best billing & back-office software company in the world by providing innovative solutions and extraordinary service to our clients & end users.
In a recent survey, 97% of our employees agreed that Rev.io is a Great Place to Work. Compared to 57% agreement at comparable US-based companies, Rev.io stands out as a place where team, values and culture combine to create an amazing work environment!
Position: Scrum Master
Scrum Masters at Rev.io are facilitators who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. They also coach the team and entire organization on agile practices. Scrum Masters are champions of Scrum within the organization, are responsible for facilitating Scrum ceremonies and removing impediments for the development team, fostering an environment of productivity and collaboration.
The purpose of this role is improve development productivity, deliver higher quality products, and facilitate stakeholder engagement
Scrum Process Facilitation:
- Lead and facilitate Scrum ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
- Work closely with the team Product Owner to ensure work is ready to be refined, the backlog is prioritized, and demonstrations will be done for sprint review.
- Ensure that the Scrum framework is adhered to, and help the team embrace Agile principles and practices.
- Coach the team in self-organization and cross-functional skill set.
- Empower the development team to make decisions and take ownership of their work.
- Encourage collaboration and communication within the team to enhance productivity and team spirit.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a desire to foster collaboration.
- Identify and remove any obstacles or issues that may hinder the team's progress.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other teams to resolve conflicts and mitigate potential roadblocks.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, fostering a mindset of inspect and adapt.
- Implement Agile best practices and suggest process improvements as needed.
- Promote continuous education on scrum methodologies and best practices.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Track and report team progress using Agile metrics (e.g., velocity, burndown and burnup charts) to help the team make data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate well with product owners, business stakeholders, and other teams to ensure alignment of goals and prioritization of the backlog.
- Act as a mediator to help resolve conflicts and ensure a common understanding of objectives.
Coaching and Mentoring:
- Provide guidance and support to the team on Agile and Scrum principles and practices.
- Mentor team members and other stakeholders in Agile methodologies.
- 2 - 3 years working in product management, project management or development in an agile development environment
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM through the Scrum Alliance), PSM (Professional Scrum Master through Scrum.org) or similarly recognized Scrum Master certification, or 1 year experience as a Scrum Master
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field
- Experience in agile software development methodology, basic knowledge of agile frameworks and methodologies.
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate clearly via written and verbal methods.
- Strong coaching and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams
- Worked in and thrives in fast paced small business / startup environments
- Experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience in the financial services industry or working with back office software.
Skills & Traits That Make a Great Scrum Master:
- Responsible - a Scrum Master is responsible for the team's adoption and practice of the Scrum process. They take on the responsibility without assuming any of the power that might be useful in achieving it....a true servant leader to the team.
- Humble - a Scrum Master looks good when the team looks good and will do whatever is necessary to help the team achieve its goal.
- Collaborative - a Scrum Master nurtures a collaborative culture within the team to ensure team members are able to raise issues for open discussion and feel supported
- Influential - a Scrum Master needs the ability to influence others, both on the team and outside it.
- A Coach and Mentor - a Scrum Master need to have a coach/mentor attitude to help the team become more self-organized and guide them in understanding and applying scrum principles.
- Adaptable - someone who is flexible and open to adjusting anything and everything as needed
- Know When to Break the Rules - the rules of Scrum are minimal but they exist for good reasons. A great Scrum Master knows when it's appropriate to break a rule or two.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described. They are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its activities. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required at any time.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COMMUNICATION WITH REV.IO:
To ensure the authenticity and security of our recruitment process, please be aware that all official communications from Rev.io regarding job applications will come from a "@rev.io" OR "@tigerpawsoftware.com" domain email address. We will never request sensitive information or extend job offers without a thorough interview process.